Eucalyptus Versions: 3.0 - Current
When attempting to initialize the database with the euca_conf --initialize command, it fails with an error or hangs completely. The euca_conf --initialize command is a one-time command to initialize the Cloud Controller (CLC).
Check and correct the following:
- Ensure you have enough disk space in /var/lib/eucalyptus/ per the system requirements 
- If /var/lib/eucalyptus/db and/or /var/lib/eucalyptus/keys existed prior to you running the euca_conf --initialize command, remove these directories.
- Check permissions on /var/lib/eucalyptus to ensure it is owned by the eucalyptus user and group
- Ensure no eucalyptus services are running whilst trying to run this command.
- Pass the --debug flag to the initialize command to view more verbose output
WARNING: euca_conf --initialize is to be used during initial setup of a platform, do not run this command on an existing or production environment.
These problems may manifest themselves in any of the above scenarios. Please consult the installation documentation  for further information on this command.
tags: initialize, clc, install, configuration, euca_conf